Monday, October 1, 2007

Antiques Sale, Part II









Remember last week, when I showed you my goodies from the infamous antiques sale trip? Here's the rest of my haul. Please don't think I spent a fortune on this stuff; nothing here cost more than $21.








Nineteenth-century German red transferware dish. This was my big ticket item at $21. It's really chipped and beat up, but I think it's beautiful anyway.








Milk glass. It's starting to become an obsession. I love all the different shapes it comes in, and that it's so cheap! :)









Small, framed needlepoint flower pictures. A steal at $2. each!










Some more pressed flowers to add to the collection. Someone stop me before I fill an entire wall.









Red Willow pattern gravyboat. What can I say, I just love transferware!





I'm pleased to report that my friend, Robin, is a new convert to antique hunting. She came home with some lovely things, too. This week we are going to a giant community rummage sale. Report to follow.

15 comments:

  1. I love all your "finds". How much fun you must have had....

    Rosie
    www.rosieswhimsy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love transferware also.You did great. Love the red toile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! I love your transferware. Blue used to be my favorite but I'm loving all this red.

    Love,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your finds....I have a ton of milk glass too....so much so that I have to rotate it every now and then to show all the pieces...
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, that does it!! After viewing your beautiful transferware, I am off of blue and white for awhile and going on the hunt for RED AND WHITE !! Thanks for the encouragement towards a new hobby.(I already am having troubles finding places to store my dishes! :(
    ~bj

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything you got! I saw someone post once that they put tea lights in their milk glass and it glows very prettily. Cant remember where I saw that but I decided I am going to try it! Of course, I love the transferware, red is my color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ao after looking at your pictures of all your "finds" and the transferware, I finally did it. I made come phone calls and found out which family member has all of grandma's transferware and milk glass and am having it shipped from their storage to my house!! I am so excited. Now out to find that perfect display shelf, table, crate to place them on!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good haul! I have begun to mix blue and red transferware together. I love the combination...
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful treasures! Can I come antiquing with you?? ~ hugs, Lynda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the antique treasures you found! The transferware is beautiful. I just came across your blog and must say, I'm ejoying it! ~ will stop back again and see you!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Transferware is the best. It is always so comforting.
    I have a thing for the needlepoint framed pictures. I'm obsessed with those.
    I love your finds! You have an excellent eye for good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW,you found some wonderful things!!!! Red transferware is my favorite so I am soooooo envious!!!LOL....
    ~Des

    PS. Hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog roll :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm partial to tranferware myself. Lovely finds!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have some brown transfewware and it was free from a house my sister flipped. It's in my not too inspired dining room. Your red stuff is too gorgeous. This is my first ever blog experience.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment. I love to hear what you have to say!